To Request a Boat Watch merely fill out the Report Form
When submitting a Boat Watch, we request the following minimum
information if available:
- Name and description of vessel (size,
sailing or motor vessel, sail configuration, color of hull, trim,
bimini, etc.), other distinguishing characteristics such as
size and color of dingy, wind vane if equipped, and hailing port or
country of registration.
- What communications capability does the vessel have (Marine
VHF, HF and Ham Radio gear)? Call Sign if
there scheduled radio contacts with the vessel and if so at what times
and on what frequencies? Is the vessel equipped with WinLink
- Where was the vessel when last heard from and by what
means of communication (telephone, SSB radio, e-mail, etc.)?
- What is the vessel's itinerary? What is
next destination, estimated date of arrival, and if known, what is it's
- What is the reason for this report? (example:
serious illness or death in the family; vessel is long over due, or
family is concerned why no word in a long time, etc.).
- Who is the message for (name of person on vessel) and
what message is to be conveyed (example: "call home
immediately for urgent message", or "your family is concerned that they
have not heard from you as expected, etc.)?
- Who is making the request and are there any special
instructions or phone numbers?
- Please let us know when the requesting party has been
contacted. That is very important so that we may close out
the incident in our records.
Once it has been confirmed to us that the message was delivered, we
will notify all members of the network and close out the incident in
We will keep each
individual Watch for one month. If at the end
of that time period the vessel has not been located and we have not
received an update from the person that requested the Watch we will
mark the Watch as unresolved and place the Watch in our archives.
To proceed to the Incident Submittal Form, please (click here